Regeneration X
“You’re meddlesome. You like to meddle and you know it,” said Sarah Jane. “You talk a lot of nonsense about the integrity of timelines and paradoxes and whatnot but in the end you don’t care. You meddle….you can’t help yourself.” The Doctor huffed slightly and looked up from the open flap in the TARDIS console he had been poring over for the last hour. In a tone that meandered somewhere on the border between exasperation and amusement he said “I’m sure I don’t know what you mean.” Sarah Jane Smith feigned gasping surprise. “Really? You can’t think of a single example? Everything we do saves a planet, stops an invasion, fixes a hole in time or whatever. I don’t recall a moment when you thought about the consequences of any of that.” The Doctor straightened, smiled, shook his head slowly and popped a jelly-baby into his mouth, chewing thoughtfully. “I hardly think that’s fair,” he eventually responded, his stentorian tones conveying th...

Comments
Post a Comment